Is it possible to create a source Nuget package?

Topics: General
Oct 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM
Here is my usecase: I want to have a Debug and a Release Nuget package.
The Debug package should contain a debug .dll and the .csproj, its output path should point to wherever the debug .dll is inside the nuget package. (this part could be done by a post step after packaging nuget, but I still need to do it)

The idea is that someone could add my nuget packages to his solution which would then add the .csproj project to his solution and immediately enable him to attach to the main product and debug the source code of this particular module.

This is very important to me, if this feature does not exist yet, can you point me to the right source code files so I can attempt my own implementation?
I think the location of this would be somewhere in the "Manage nuget packages for this solution.." dialog, it would simply need to support an additional type of nuget package.
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Take a look at publishing a Symbol Package.
Oct 17, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Matt, it doesn't sound like this will create any projects. I would still need to manually include these source files into some manually created project in visual studio to be able to debug that source code, no?