Automated injection of props/targets files not working for native C++ project

Topics: General
Sep 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Edited Sep 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM
I am using automatic package restore in NuGet v2.8.50506.491 with Visual Studio 2013.

I have added a build folder to my package with a {package ID}.props file. However, the file is apparently not being injected into the vcxproj at restore time. The package and all its content are being restored correctly but none of the definitions are visible in vcxproj properties. This may be expected if property injection occurs in memory, but the build fails due to paths that are clearly defined in the props not having been inherited.

If I add an explicit reference to the props file in my local packages repository, the project builds successfully, therefore there is no issue with the paths in props file.

I have also tried adding the props within a "native" subfolder under build, also to no avail.

An extract from the nuspec:

<file src="build\MyPackage.targets" target="build\MyPackage.targets" />

I have also tried a targets file instead of/as well as a props file, but this does not work either.

Any ideas?
Oct 7, 2014 at 8:59 AM
Same problem here. The files seems to be placed correctly, but there is no effect on the project. It is clearly built without the provided properties.