Automating the install of a package from the command line

Topics: General
Aug 27, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Yes. I know that nuget.exe doesn't do this. But is there some way?

I have an app that takes a C++ library and generates a set of .NET wrappers around it (this C++ library basically has code introspection built into it). This library is HUGE, and from version-to-version it changes quite a bit - sometimes new .DLL's are added (or even removed). This huge library is wrapped up nuget packages. They (will) have package names like ROOT_v5_34_19 and ROOT_v5_31_11.

What I'd like to do is put the building of these .NET wrappers into TeamCity. That means automating it. I need to build a set of wrappers for each version of the HUGE C++ library.

Basically, I need to alter the nuget dependency. For each version of the library, I need to, in VS, remove the nuget library, and then add the new one. This is easy to do by hand.

How can I automate this? It would seem that I need to access the package manager console from the command line. Is this possible? If this has already been solved, I apologize!
Sep 8, 2014 at 9:48 PM
By lack of response, I guess this is not supported, and there are no easy work-arounds? :(