Symbol Server - Nuget

Topics: General
Oct 8, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I have been unable to get a reply to so will go for the working case...
has anyone been able to install this and get it to work ?

If so, what OS and IIS version was used ?
Which ASP EMpty project was used to create the package ?
.net 4.0 or 4.5 used ?

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Have you considered using ProGet? Not as fun as building your own, but it is a free NuGet and symbol server and is pretty easy to install.
Oct 10, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Thanks, did not know, am looking at it.
The question i should have asked in the first place is does nuget server support pointing at our existing network area, or even multiple areas ?
nuget on ServerA, points at network area on Serverb, areaA, then perhaps another area, AreaB (this we have copies of important builds of a sister product in a local area, different from our main area) ?
Current debug is showing "The assembly with display name 'NuGet.Core' failed to load in the 'Load' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 7. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'NuGet.Core, Version=2.1.31002.9028, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

It would be good if i could find doco of what is known to work, e.g. vs2010, .net 4 , empty ASP project (non MVC) ...