VS2010 - Package Restore always adds "packages" folder to TFS

Topics: General
Mar 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM

we have solutions with enabled package restore. There is disableSourceControlIntegration set to true in nuget.config. But everytime someone gets the latest version from TFS and uses "Restore" button in Package Manager Console, this package folder is added to pending changes. Is there any bug in VS2010 console or why it happens? We have the latest console version (2.2.40116.9051). I think the same thing happens when I try to install a new package to project. When packages folder is created, it is always in pending changes.

Thnx for any help.
Mar 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM
is your nuget.config located under .nuget folder under solution root?
Mar 14, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Yes, it is. There is nothing wrong with solution or nugget "installation". I can delete packages folder, load solution to VS, restore prompt in console appears and then package folder is created and added to pending changes.
Mar 15, 2013 at 7:12 PM
I have the same behavior with VS2012-TFS2010. For example, I deleted (again) the /packages folder from source control this morning and this afternoon it was added in a changeset commited by somenone else in the team.

This behavior is annoying and counterintuitive as it doesn't respect what's specified in the official doc: "The disableSourceControlIntegration setting instructs version control systems like TFS to not add the NuGet packages folder to the pending check-ins list" (ref: http://docs.nuget.org/docs/workflows/using-nuget-without-committing-packages).
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:57 AM
So it seems to be a bug.
Mar 18, 2013 at 4:46 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.