How really one can edit edit profile

Topics: Ecosystem, General
Feb 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM
I am trying to edit my profile on NuGet. However when I press "Edit Profile" button it navigates to the page where I can only change email. Thus how one can change the display name, avatar... ?
Unfortunately NuGet home page does not have "Contact us" nor "Support" links so I have to ask it here.

Feb 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM
The gallery currently doesn't allow you to do so. Feel free to file a feature request here:
Feb 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
This is odd. As you can clearly see on the image below the JQuery package have two owner avatars set:

Thus if the feature does not exist how did they managed to set the images?
Does this mean that there is a "back door" for the profile editing? :o)
Feb 4, 2013 at 5:50 AM
The image is automatically queried to your gravatar image. Visit to learn how to set one.
Feb 4, 2013 at 11:44 AM
Thanks. It makes sense now.
Feb 6, 2013 at 2:33 PM
hi guys.,

I too have the same problem. I could not able to change my avatar image. Can you please guide me this process. since iam very new to this site i need an valid reply.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM
As per dotnetjunky response the feature indeed does not exist. If you really keen you can create your global profile with and your name and avatar will be retrieved by NuGet runtime automatically. This is what I did and it works.

However I am not completely sold on the global profile idea. Thus I do believe there should be a real profile management impemented on NuGet.

I have logged the feature request and hopefully NuGet team will implement it.