support for shared mgmt and publishing control of nuget packages

Topics: Ecosystem, General
Jul 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I'd like to be able to have shared mgmt. and publishing control of nuget packages.  

The idea is that in a nuget package ship team we have several resource that we need to be able to enable with the ability to manage [ and in the future delete ] published packages, e.g. publish new drops and control listed/not listed setting.

Currently only the person who 1st published the package can have these permissions.  This is also an issue when project team memberships change and the person who 1st published the package moves on to other activities.

Enabling this would allow the nuget public feed publishing story to align with the corresponding //symbolsource.org/ publishing story wehere you can permission who, in a ship team, has access to publish, delete, etc. a given nupkg containing symbols and sources.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM

Scratch that, either this support was there all along and I simply overlooked it or it just recently showed up.   Regardless the login | my account | <package> | manage owners enables what i was looking for and gives me the ability to let groups of people own publishing of packages to nuget.org and associated symbols + sources on symbolsource.org.