Multiple Projects as One Package - And A Symbols Package

Mar 21, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi

I'm setting up a team NuRep server where we have solutions split into multiple, tightly coupled projects.  I think I therefore want to create a single NuGet Package for the multiple projects.

I have tried this using a custom NuSpec file and this works OK, apart from being much more onerous than packing a csproj directly, but in order to create a symbols package, I need to create a separate nuspec file and run pack a second time (with the -sym parameter).

Is this the way you would expect to use NuGet? Why isn't there a way to define the symbol configuration in the same place as the main configuration (since uploading just the symbol package means it doesn't appear in the NuRep feed)?

Thanks

Mar 22, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Hi again

I've realised that this was all based on a misunderstanding, sorry.  It seems that a nuspec file containing source code and pdbs will also create a standard nuspec package when run with the -symbols option.

I still think it would be nice to be able to easily package multiple projects into a single package, but I have achieved this with a nuspec file.