Merge/Upgrade multiple packages into one package

Mar 15, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I'm wondering if this is possible.

I have a number of packages in the Nuget gallery - one for each framework I support. I didn't actually create these packages, and I think they were created from before Nuget supported multiple frameworks in a single package but I'm not sure.

Is there a way to mark a package as upgradable to a different package?

The packages in question are FlickrNet, FlickrNet for WP7, FlickrNet for Silverlight and FlickrNet for Compact Framework. They could actually all be in one package, and would make the release procedure easier, but I don't want to 'lose' people who might not hear about a new version of the software if I only updated one of the packages.

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:07 PM

There is no built in optino to mark a package as upgradable to a different package.

What you can do is to release a new (minor) version of each individual package which has nothing but dependency on the new collective package. For NuGet 1.7, you can also optionally add a readme.txt file to each package to inform users know about the new package.

Mar 27, 2012 at 11:09 AM

That's a shame.

What is the readme feature? Is this talked about anywhere - it sounds like it might be my preferred method.