building my first package; why can't Nuget find my dll?

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:28 AM

I'm trying to prepare my first Nuget package, and I'm having some unexpected trouble.

C:\dev\quickfixn\QuickFIX.NET>nuget pack QuickFix.csproj -Prop Configuration=Release
Attempting to build package from 'QuickFix.csproj'.
Unable to find '@(_OutputPathItem->'%(FullPath)QuickFix.dll')'. Make sure the project has been built.

The dll is present in QuickFIX.NET/bin/Release/, so I'm not sure what it's complaining about. Then again, I'm not sure what actual path it's trying to use given that insane path string above.

Can someone help point me to what I'm doing wrong?

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2012 at 2:19 AM

No one has any ideas for this one?

I did a little poking around in the source, and it appears that the function that determines the target path is literally returning:

This seems like a unarguable bug.  Some value is not being decoded/translated correctly.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Could you provide us the csproj file (or an equivalent sample) where the problem reproduces?

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:18 AM

So... can't attach files here, huh?  Weak.

And pasting XML doesn't work either.  (Nice work, Microsoft!)

Ok, uploaded it to my personal server:

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Did that file help out at all?

May 17, 2012 at 6:27 PM

I was having the same problem.  Here's what worked for me:

nuget pack MyProject.csproj -Prop Configuration=Release -OutputDirectory "C:/GitSource/Packages" -BasePath "C:/GitSource/MyProject/sources/MyProject" -Build

Jun 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM

I'm having the same exact problem (albeit with a debug build). It works when I specify the "-Build" parameter. That, however, loses any special parameters passed to msbuild during our CI builds, so that isn't an option.

Should I file a bug report, or is there something I'm missing?

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Sorry this thread dropped out of my radar for some reason. I'll create a work item to have it tracked. 

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:11 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.