Gallery Version

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It is great that the gallery has the version at the bottom to tie back to the commit, however it appears that the branch that was released from has been removed/deleted?  At the very least, the links are broken.  Commit link at the moment:

and the branch link is:

As much as I love the GitHub 404 (and assuming that this was just a branch merge action) it may make sense to leave these commits available for people who want to base their internal systems on the released for safety (without tracking through commits!).

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:45 PM
My apologies Ben. This wasn't a normal situation; I pushed a hot fix from a local branch, but that commit and branch were never pushed to GitHub because an external contributor submitted the fix, and his is the one that was merged. I probably should have pushed my branch anyway so this wouldn't happen (the link being broken), but I thought it would only be a few days before I deployed master again. That was nearly two weeks ago :(. I'll be deploying in a few days, and it'll be fixed then, and shouldn't normally ever be a problem in the future. Sorry!
Feb 9, 2012 at 11:02 PM

No problem, no real harm done.  We can wait a few days to re-baseline our internal feeds.  Thanks for the response though!

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:19 AM

We finally deployed today, so the footer's Git commit link should be proper now. Sorry for the delay.