unable to see the option "Manage nuGet Packages"

Jan 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM

I have MVC 3 installed on my VS 201 Premium edition. When I start a mVC project I am not able to see the option "Manage NuGet Packages" from the References or from the Project (by right clicking)

How can I make sure that I am able to see the "Manage NuGet Packeges"

jawahar

Jan 15, 2012 at 5:57 AM

Are you sure that you have NuGet installed? Start here.

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM
davidebbo wrote:

Are you sure that you have NuGet installed? Start here.

hello David

I do have the NuGet installed. Infact I removed MVC 3 and re-installed MVC 3 and the NuGet got instlled as well. I can check Control Panel --> prorgram and features and I see that it is intalled.

Is there any package assocation I need to do in VS 2010 to see the Manage NuGet manager console?

Jawahar

Jan 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM

To check if NuGet is installed, go under Tools / Extension Manager.

Also, do you see Library Package Manager under Tools?

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM
MVC 3 installs a really old version of NuGet. Do you see "Add Library Reference" or something like that?

Go into Tools > Extension Manager ...

Click Updates. Then update NuGet.

Jan 16, 2012 at 2:59 AM

Thanks for the tip; I did try to update the NuGet (as the estension Manger did inticate an update was available) but the update failed.

I am using VS2010 Premium edition on W7 Home preminum.

error:

1/15/2012 9:55:06 PM - VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The signature on the update version of 'NuGet Package Manager' does not match the signature on the installed version. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.
   at VSIXInstaller.Common.VerifyMatchingExtensionSignatures(IInstalledExtension installedExtension, IInstallableExtension updateExtension)
   at VSIXInstaller.InstallProgressPage.BeginInstallVSIX(SupportedVSSKU targetAppID)
1/15/2012 9:55:06 PM - Install Error : VSIXInstaller.SignatureMismatchException: The signature on the update version of 'NuGet Package Manager' does not match the signature on the installed version. Therefore, Extension Manager cannot install the update.
   at VSIXInstaller.Common.VerifyMatchingExtensionSignatures(IInstalledExtension installedExtension, IInstallableExtension updateExtension)
   at VSIXInstaller.InstallProgressPage.BeginInstallVSIX(SupportedVSSKU targetAppID)

any pointer is appreciated.

Jawahar

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Ah, known issue. Sorry. You'll need to uninstall NuGet, then install it from the Visual Studio Extension Manager.

Jan 16, 2012 at 3:33 AM

And to preempt the next known issue, run VS as admin to uninstall.

Jan 17, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Thank you both for your replies

I uninstalled the Nuget packge from withink VS 2010 (as Admin) and then installed again using the NuGet.Tools.vsix and it seems to have worked

Thanks again

Jawahar