NuGet.exe does not remember passwords (Basic auth)

Jan 11, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Hi,

I'm using TeamCity 7 EAP as NuGet server, with basic authentication, and I'm trying to use nuget.exe from a build script to download packages from TeamCity. However, NuGet needs a password every time it's run and fails because it can't be provided with any input when run from a script.

So my question is: is there any way to make nuget.exe remember the passwords? The discussions I've seen on the topic seem to refer to Windows Credentials Manager for this, but NuGet doesn't store in the credentials manager the password that I type in. Is this not implemented or is it some setup issue on my machine? I.e. does password caching work for anybody else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sergej

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Have you heard anything back yet?  It would be most useful to have an answer.

Stanley Furniture

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:54 PM

No, I was totally ignored :) Would also be interested in having an answer.

Developer
Feb 4, 2012 at 11:06 PM

We ended up adding two separate ways of allowing you to specify authentication credentials. - http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/1694

You should now be able to either redirect the credentials into nuget.exe or store them as part of the machine level config file by specifying a username when adding \ updating sources using nuget.exe sources command. nuget.exe source update -Name Blah -User user1 -pass password123

Feb 9, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Thanks that helped me

Tattoo Supplies Tattoo Machine Kits

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Finally! Thanks so much, Pranavkm.

Australia Stock Market Broker