Where can I get an older version?

Nov 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Hi there,

I'm trying to run NuGet on Mono, and am struggling to find a combo that works. Mono 2.10.6 (on OS X) throws this exception with the latest NuGet.exe release:

$ mono NuGet.exe              
WARNING: The runtime version supported by this application is unavailable.
Using default runtime: v2.0.50727
Missing method .ctor in assembly /Users/ahellesoy/Downloads/NuGet.exe, type System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute
Can't find custom attr constructor image: /Users/ahellesoy/Downloads/NuGet.exe mtoken: 0x0a000746

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'NuGet'.
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'NuGet'.

I'm assuming this is because it's using features that aren't yet implemented in Mono, so I thought I'd try to run an older version of NuGet. 

Where can I download an older build? I was unable to find it here on codeplex.

Nov 17, 2011 at 7:17 PM

We do a terrible job of keeping older builds around on our CI \ on this site. We haven't had to archive publicly available copies so far, but maybe that's something we ought to start doing. That said, you should be able to pick up the NuGet.CommandLine from the feed:

The url looks like this:

Tweak the version around (versions listed here: http://nuget.org/List/Packages/NuGet.CommandLine) to get a version that works for you.

The package is a zip file, and the exe is located under the tools directory.

Nov 18, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I think it's the fact that nuget.exe has been ILmerge'd that make it not supported by mono.

Look at this other post.

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:12 PM

That is correct. I’m not sure why that breaks Mono, but it does. One thing we could do is perhaps package up both the ilmerged version and a separate non-merged one for Mono users.

We don’t have time right this second to do that, but if anyone wants to help us out. J