Install-Packge if the app is c# and mvc app

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I will create a package and I am thinking to put it inside the online feed.

but the package I am creating is now only for mvc projects and specificly for c# mvc project (Also, it only supports MVC 3 not previous versions.)

I would like tell the user the package is nut supported if those requirements are not met. 

am I able to do that with the current release? if so, how? if not, is it a known issue and has been considered for next releases?

Aug 4, 2011 at 7:43 PM

We're thinking about using a set of well known tags for this.

Aug 4, 2011 at 9:05 PM

so I am out of luck for now :s

I guess I will create my packages with extensions like .MVC, MVC.CSharp

Aug 4, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Tag them with aspnetmvc as well

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:06 PM

hmm, ok. I'll do that.

what about assembly language? C# and VB?

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:08 PM

You mean content files right? We have no support for that either. What are you trying to package?

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 8:36 AM

you know the TinyMCE project, right?

I noticed that they haven't pushed their project to nuget live feed so I contacted them to give me a go ahead and push the package to live feed. My main reason involving this thing is to create sample ASP.NET MVC EditorTemplates.

Here is the first try-out package I created :

(It is try-out but working well for now.)

As you can see, the code I have written is a razor view code and there is c# code inside it. Also, there are some .pp codes for controller and model. So, there will be some inconsistency if a person whose app is either vb or mvc 2 or app.

I think I am not able to explain myself here very well but I hope you get my idea.

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Yep, we don't have native support for this in nuget right now. Here's the bug

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:48 AM

thanks @dfowler. Any workarounds you aware of for this issue with powershell script code inside install.ps1?

Aug 5, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Best thing to do for now is to create different packages, one for each language.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:04 AM

will do that way.