NeGet Package Project in Visual Studio

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Recently I noticed a new project template in Visual Studio, NuGet Package Project. I have been unable to find any documentation about it.  It contains a T4 template for creating the spec file, but building it does not include the dll generated by the project in the package.  Also adding a files section to the template and regenerating the the spec file, and then building the project causes a nuget error when trying to create the package.

Any direction to help get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:08 PM
Where do you get the template?

Sent from either Windows Phone or iPhone. You don't know.

Sent: 8/3/2011 7:26 AM
To: Luan Nguyen
Subject: NeGet Package Project in Visual Studio [nuget:267588]

Recently I noticed a new project template in Visual Studio, NuGet Package Project. I have been unable to find any documentation about it. It contains a T4 template for creating the spec file, but building it does not include the dll generated by the project in the package. Also adding a files section to the template and regenerating the the spec file, and then building the project causes a nuget error when trying to create the package.

Any direction to help get this working would be greatly appreciated.

Jay

Aug 3, 2011 at 5:48 PM

This does not come from the nuget team. Maybe you installed some 3rd party template? Can you include what the first few lines of the .tt file contain? That might give clues about where it comes from.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM

That is one of the things I am also trying to figure out.  Checked my Visual Studio Extensions to see if maybe I installed it there but forgot about it, didn't find anything. Navigating to Visual Studio 2010/Templates/Project Templates/Visual C#/ in My Documents turned up the NuGetPackage.zip.

I found it, it is from here http://nuget.org/List/Packages/NuGetPackageProject. Still no documentation, but at least I know where it came from.

Aug 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM

I see. You can contact the owner from that page if you need more info about it.