Package explorer autoupdate package?

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Is there any way to get the package explorer to automatically update DLLs and/or update the metadata?

For example, i have written a DLL i want to share with the team.  I have autoincrement set on the build number.  When i have it where i want, i have to open the package explorer, open the latest package, open/edit the metadata to match the new version number, import the newly compiled dll and save as a new package. 

What I'd like is to open the explorer and package, select check for updates, have it recognize the core dll has a new version and update the package automatically.  If possible, mark a "key dll" and have the metadata for the package change the version to match the updated dll's version.

Just a suggestion.

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:30 PM

No, there is not a way to do this right now in package explorer.

It seems like you have an automatic build setup. In which case, I recommend you use our nuget.exe tool, which supports all of these functionalities.

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I've got it.  I'm not in an automatic build, just wanted an easier way then re-adding the dll's every time.

Thanks.

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Having said that, I do have plan to make it easier to update package metadata and DLL in future releases. Thanks for the suggestions.