Looking for an easy contribution to NuGet

May 26, 2011 at 4:12 AM
After looking at all the open issues, I was recommended to open an item here and request any item to be assigned to me. So anybody has an item that I could do to contribute? Still learning the source code and procedures, so something like porting it to Mac OS is way over my head ;-)
May 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM
Edited May 26, 2011 at 4:33 AM

We have many open items that are tagged as 'UpForGrab' (you can search for this tag). Look for those and pick one that you like. Then add a comment saying you are working on it so that we know. If you think the issue requires a fair bit of code and non-trivial design, it's recommended that you post a new discussion here first.

May 26, 2011 at 4:49 AM
Thanks a lot looking on working on this one http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/172
May 26, 2011 at 4:54 AM

After you take a look at the code, can you post your proposal solution before sending a code review?

May 26, 2011 at 5:12 AM
Will do, thanks!
May 26, 2011 at 3:14 PM
That particular issue is pretty big. Could you write up a brief spec of the exact behavior you plan to implement?

Check out our specs page for a few examples of how we do specs: http://nuget.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Specs

May 26, 2011 at 4:19 PM

If that's too big, I should find something else that gets me used to the source code and procedure. Anybody knows anything small that I can do?

May 26, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Here are some you can look at:

May 27, 2011 at 2:21 AM

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I'll start with http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/825 looks pretty straight forward. When I finish I'll start going over that list. Thanks for the wonderful list, they look simple.

May 27, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Push the changes for 825 with 2 UnitTests back to my fork and diff, I had to do a Pull Request as still got the exception below. Tomorrow I'll select another one from the list, thanks so much for the list.

** Extensions loaded: fixfrozenexts, reviewboard
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "hg", line 36, in <module>
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 16, in run
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 36, in dispatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 58, in _runcatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 601, in _dispatch
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 406, in runcommand
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 655, in _runcommand
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 609, in checkargs
  File "mercurial\dispatch.pyo", line 598, in <lambda>
  File "mercurial\util.pyo", line 433, in check
  File "C:\Projects\nuget\review\mercurial-reviewboard\mercurial_reviewboard\__i
nit__.py", line 68, in postreview
    send_review(ui, repo, c, parent, diff, parentdiff, opts)
nit__.py", line 127, in send_review
nit__.py", line 214, in new_review
    raise util.Abort(_(msg))
  File "mercurial\i18n.pyo", line 39, in gettext
AttributeError: 'ReviewBoardError' object has no attribute 'split'

May 27, 2011 at 4:13 AM

You can delete reviewboard, we're going to stick to codeplex for reviewing contributions. 

May 27, 2011 at 4:46 AM
Is now then the process a pull request only?
May 27, 2011 at 5:01 AM

Yep, I'm not sure if you can update a pull request, if you can't just send a new one.

May 27, 2011 at 5:06 AM
Fantastic! Yes i can diff with main and add a new changeset. Thanks