any will to make this a true marketplace?

May 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Has there been any talk of supporting the purchase (or sale) of project libraries? I'm picturing something similar to the phone marketplaces.

May 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM
That idea has been toyed with...

<entirely my thoughts, not of the rest of the nuget team>

It's entirely possible that one day there may come a marketplace.nuget.org where you could get the non-free packages and vendors could put them up...the idea of that is something people in the community have mentioned in passing or over drinks.

It's one of those things that has possibilities and really depends on how vendors feel about the idea of it...and bandwidth to make it happen.

</entirely my thoughts, not of the rest of the nuget team>
Coordinator
May 9, 2011 at 10:54 PM

It’s certainly a possibility. Right now, we don’t have any concrete plans. This would definitely be an interesting contribution to the project. Perhaps those who stand most to gain by the feature might consider contributing it to the project.

May 9, 2011 at 11:07 PM

If we follow the true model of the phone market place, then we (Microsoft or Outercurve Foundation) will collect 30% of each purchase of each package. So we may be the party who gain most. :)

May 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Well, collecting 10% seems to be sufficient for the man upstairs. Perhaps that would be a good starting place.

May 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Actually, the plan is to collect 95% :)