NutGet Package no debuggable

May 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hello,

I'm using TFS to build my project and in the process, I create my nupkg

The problem I have is for the debugging.

If I use the dll directly provided at the drop location, I can debug this dll using symbols servers but it does not work if I install this dll using the nupkg

I ILSpied the two dll and I realize that the attribute debuggable is different,

works with that (build server)

Debuggable(DebuggableAttribute.DebuggingModes.Default | DebuggableAttribute.DebuggingModes.DisableOptimizations | DebuggableAttribute.DebuggingModes.IgnoreSymbolStoreSequencePoints | DebuggableAttribute.DebuggingModes.EnableEditAndContinue

does not work with that (after creation of the package by nuget pack)

[assembly: Debuggable(DebuggableAttribute.DebuggingModes.IgnoreSymbolStoreSequencePoints)]

can it be the source of the problem?

if sy has a solution/explainnation

May 4, 2011 at 1:58 PM

thx in advance ; )

May 4, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Forget the question, I was on release mode

thx anwayway

May 4, 2011 at 3:58 PM

Well I have definitely a problem when debugging dll deployed using nupkg.

I use TFS Build to build my Class Library, this create in my Drop Location a dll, I also publish my symbols files in \\myShare\Symbols

When I debug my application which used this class Library assembly with my Symbol Server set to \\myShare\Symbos, the source code is correctly fetched from the tfs.

But if I package this dll into a nupkg, in debug, when I hit F11, it does not step into my Class Library.

And it's not a problem of release/debug

Can sy has faced the same problems?

Thx in advance

May 4, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Sorry for all the mess but I found a solution

it seems to come from the fact that I didn't make a clean install of the package and somehow he wasn't installing the last version.

By doing a Uninstall-Package nameoftheStuff

and add it again, I got the debug working

sorry for the lonely post but I though it might help others

have fun