Having an issue getting my own Remote Feed running

Mar 24, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Having used Maven, I really happy to have come across Nuget.  I'm new to nuget, but get the basics.  I have pulled down the latest source code and built the nuget.sln file to generate the server code so I could deploy to my own "remote" feed.  When I built in visual studio and published to my development server within Visual Studio, I was able to server up our own internally produced .dlls.

I built the server and published to a folder that I then deployed to an IIS site running on a local server.  If I hit the service from my browser, I get a valid XML response. Furthermore I stuck the packages under a "Packages" folder in the root of my physical path. 

Also, I added two new package sources in the manage setting dialog in visual studio. I'm able to manage packages from my VS development server version, but the version that I published and deployed to an IIS site merely states:

"The package source named XYZ []' is either invalid or not available and thus is currently unreachabel."

Any thoughts as to why it is invalid when attempting to connect via Visual Studio?

Thanks, Eric

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:47 PM

I had this same issue. 

Setting the runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests attribute to true in the system.webServer/modules element in the web.config got me around this:

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests="true">

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:58 AM

I've added this to the package. Please update and try running it.