Revert to 1.0

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I'd got version 1.0 working well but when I tried 1.1 things fell apart quite badly.

First the UI would not load, citing missing packages in the /package folder. I tried removing references to these from the packages.config files but the Nuget UI would not load, so eventually I just copied a later version and renamed it to appear to be the older version.

This at least allowed it to load the UI, but performance fell through the floor again (we have TFS here). The UI also proudly announced I had no packages in my project even though it had several in the packages folder and worked fine with 1.0

As there is nothing compelling in v1.1 I'm reverting to v1.0

Feb 17, 2011 at 7:25 AM

You can install 1.0 from here. However, we should try to investigate some of those issues first. The only one that I think is known is the TFS slowness.

Other than the TFS issue, are you only having problems in existing projects, or even on new ones?

Feb 17, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Thanks for the quick response - will have to try again next week when time pressures are lower. These were all existing projects which I tried Nuget beta on and then upgraded to 1.0.

I did see the TFS issue about speed when I searched for known issues on 1.1

Developer
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM

You said you removed references from packages.config? The dialog uses that to know what's installed in a specific project, so if you nuke entries it won't show them as installed even if they are in the packages folder. If you create a new solution in 1.1 does everything work fine? Do you have pre 1.0 packages that are making things fail to work?

Feb 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM
dfowler wrote:

You said you removed references from packages.config? The dialog uses that to know what's installed in a specific project, so if you nuke entries it won't show them as installed even if they are in the packages folder. If you create a new solution in 1.1 does everything work fine? Do you have pre 1.0 packages that are making things fail to work?

I only removed the duplicate ones. I think the duplicates came from bad source control merges. 

There were still packages listed in packages.config. There are no pre 1.0 packages as these throw errors relating to minVersion attribute which was removed.

I've not tried new projects (I suspect they would work fine).. will try again next week