Announce NuGet Package Explorer tool

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

FYI, we have just released the NuGet Package Explorer tool. (

This is a little tool that helps you, especially package authors, quickly view the metadata and content files of a .nupkg file. It is released as a ClickOnce application. After you install it from the link above, it will auto-register the .nupkg extension with the tool (provided that you have not already associated the extension with another program) and from then on you can just double click on a package file to view its contents. Please try it out and post your feedbacks here. As always, we welcome feature suggestions and bug reports.

Known issue: We are not able to authenticode sign the tool right now. So it will appear as an untrusted publisher on the ClickOnce install window. We're working on signing it.

Tip: Inside the file contents tree, you can right click on a file to choose to view its content (text files only) or save it to disk. I know it's not very obvious from the UI :)

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:46 PM
"Be passionate in all you do"

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Awesome!  This is exactly what I've been looking for!  Should make package authoring and troubleshooting much easier.

Jan 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I created the tool based on your previous request. :)