1. Create test.nuspec file
2. Create test.Nupkg from nuspec file
3. Put this in \\shared\Dependency
4. Change "package source" to point to \\shared\Dependency 
5. Install this package to your solution via "Add Package Reference..."

4. Update test.nuspec file and add one more file or dependency
5. Create test.nupkg again
6. Replace with existing test.nupkg on \\shared\Dependency

7. When we try "Add Package Reference...", no package is shown under "Updates" tab. And i can't do anything with this updated test.nupkg.

How to handle this situation?
Please advice.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Even i tried with Package Manager Control,

PM> Update-Package classlibrary1
'Classlibrary1' is up to date

How we update package?

Please advice

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM

NuPack looks at the version number when updating. In step 4, make sure, you update the package version and it should update just fine.

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM
I opened an issue this morning which I think is related to this:

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Thanks Pranav. That works.

But can we have some mechanism to find out that the package is updated without changing version number?

Oct 21, 2010 at 6:59 PM

No, that defeats the entire purpose or versioning. That's the way you know something is updated. Are you suggesting we compare content? 

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Brad and I talked this morning about a scenario where you screwed up the package composition, but you haven't changed the payload, and you need to rev the package (but not the payload). For instance, imagine your forgot to include a PDB file in the package. Sure, you could rev the package version to send out the update, but now the package version doesn't match the payload version (which is what users really care about). I'm going to add a comment to Brad's issue laying this all out, and I'd like to discuss this scenario in the next team design meeting. Let's continue the discussion on the issue, though, rather than here. http://nupack.codeplex.com/workitem/264

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Continue on http://nupack.codeplex.com/workitem/264