Docs Clarification: Framework version

Oct 6, 2010 at 7:05 PM
Edited Oct 6, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I'd be interested in seeing clarification in the docs for package creation around specifying the framework version. Specifically, what if one wants to create versions of your package that support XNA on windows, xbox, wp7, and zune? all of those use slightly differing versions of the framework, each with different platform specific versions of mscorlib and all that jazz.

Despite a pretty good explanation of how nupack parses FrameworkName, it wasn't immediately clear to me from what's there what are the valid values to support the scenario listed above :-)

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:46 PM
Great question. Unfortunately I have no idea. :( #sadpanda

Any thoughts guys?

-d

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM, joelmartinez <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing clarification in the docs for package creation around specifying the framework version. Specifically, what if one wants to create versions of your package that support XNA on windows, xbox, wp7, and zune? all of those use slightly differing versions of the framework, each with different platform specific versions of mscorlib and all that jazz.

Despite a pretty good explanation of how nupack parses FrameworkName, it wasn't immediately clear to me from what's there what are the valid values to support the scenario listed above :-)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nupack@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nupack@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I noticed that someone else was pretty much asking the same question in another thread, so I opened a work item on it for tracking purposes :-) 

http://nupack.codeplex.com/workitem/190

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:31 AM

Do we have an answer for this yet?  I'm wondering the same thing.  I wrote DPSF, which is an XNA library, and want to be able to use NuGet to add it into Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7 and 8 projects (as well as Mono For Android projects).  I tried the following targets in my .nuspec file that is used to create the package, but when adding the NuGet reference to a Windows, XBox 360, or Windows Phone 7.0/7.1 project it always chooses the net40-client dll file, "DPSF.dll".

<file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSF.dll" target="lib\net40-client\DPSF.dll" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSF.xml" target="lib\net40-client\DPSF.xml" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFMonoForAndoid.dll" target="lib\DPSFMonoForAndoid.dll" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFMonoForAndoid.xml" target="lib\DPSFMonoForAndoid.xml" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFPhone.dll" target="lib\sl3-wp\DPSFPhone.dll" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFPhone.xml" target="lib\sl3-wp\DPSFPhone.xml" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFXbox360.dll" target="lib\net40-cf\DPSFXbox360.dll" />
        <file src="..\LatestDLLBuild\DPSFXbox360.xml" target="lib\net40-cf\DPSFXbox360.xml" />

I got these target names from this NuGet documentation page.  Do you know what values I should be using instead of these in order to support Xbox 360, Windows Phone 7.0/7.1/8, and if possible, Mono For Android projects?