Example scenario which is currently unsupported:
NuGet package restore from a secured package source during deployments to Windows Azure Web Sites is impossible.
- Encrypted package source credentials are machine bound / non-portable
- Kudu process does not have write permissions on
%appdata%\nuget\nuget.config (likely because of shared environment)
- Kudu process is running impersonated or without user profile loaded, which makes nuget.exe throw a CryptographicException during password encryption
- No support for passing in -Username / -Password to nuget.exe install command
- My pull request to support clear-text credentials in local nuget.config is still under review :-)
, the following is no longer applicable as the new -ConfigFile command option fixed this:
- <strikethrough>Storing encrypted package source credentials only supports
%appdata%\nuget\nuget.config (no way to target a local config for on-the-fly encrypting & storing of credentials)</strikethrough> (just fell in love with the codeplex rich editor here...)
I can't find any working approach to support this scenario with the current version of NuGet.