PCLS ( Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS )

Topics: General
Nov 19, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I'm trying to create a portable library folder with more 2 targets ( Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS ), how can i do that ? I need to change any profile ?

Samuel Santos
Nov 20, 2014 at 2:19 AM
Your question is vague. Do you mean that you want to create a PCL project that targets only Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android two platforms? For that you cannot. You have to also select a third platform such as full .NET.

Note that although Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android contains almost all core BCL classes, such as Socket under System.Net, some classes are still missing even if you select full .NET as the third platform (those classes are also available on full .NET in fact). I believe this cause is on Microsoft's side but I personally did not investigate deeper.
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM
I understood your answer, but what i really want to do is create a portable library folder with the targets ( net45+win8+MonoAndroid10+MonoTouch10) for example. But today when i've created it, the dialog box ( Pick Target Framework ) shows me just .NET Framework, Silverlight, Windows Phone and .NET for Windows Store as well. In my project i'm using the profile 78 and inside the SupportedFrameworks folder there are Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS xmls and when i create a new project ( Portable Class Library ) i can choose these platforms, so i'd like to do the same with Nuget Package, Is it possible ? Thanks.