Official package ID taken

Topics: General
Aug 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered in the forum....

I'm a coordinator for the ScintillaNET project here on CodePlex and I'm finally getting around to publishing our first NuGet package. However, much to my surprise someone has already published an unofficial package (not labeled as such) and taken the package ID which I feel should be ours.

Consequently when I attempt to upload our package I get an error along the lines of "The package ID 'ScintillaNET' is not available." or "The specified API key is invalid or does not have permission to access the specified package.".

Is it possible to reclaim that ID for our team? I see no way on nuget.org to get in contact with this individual and/or use multiple API keys to publish to the same package ID. The owner of the unofficial package has since pulled it down so I don't think this would amount to any kind of turf war, I just have now idea how to contact him or get this fixed.

Please note: the question is in regards to how I should get in touch with the package owner and/or assume the existing package ID. Please don't suggest that I can create a different package ID unless that is the only answer.

Jacob
Aug 28, 2014 at 6:28 PM
Have you tried the "Contact Owners" link on http://www.nuget.org/packages/ScintillaNET/ ?
Aug 31, 2014 at 1:39 AM
LOL. I don't know how I missed that. Silly me.

Unfortunately, using the "Contact Owners" link results in the message "Sorry, the owners of this package do not allow contacting them through this form. Try visiting the project home page for "ScintillaNET" in order to contact the package owner."

Should I give the "Report Abuse" link a try?

Jacob
Sep 8, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Hey Jacob,

Let me see if I can find a way to find out.
Oct 16, 2014 at 7:58 PM
(bump)

I'm still stuck on this issue... anything else I could try?

Jacob
Oct 16, 2014 at 9:51 PM
I have just emailed the current package owner again--it had been a month since I'd emailed them previously. We'll get back in touch if/when we get a response.
Jan 31, 2015 at 10:46 PM
Any updates? Surely there must be a way for the maintainers of the official NuGet repository to wrestle back control of a package, right?

Jacob