lib directories for win8/winrt, win81/winrt, win81/universal, wp8 and wp81

Topics: General
May 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Edited May 9, 2014 at 12:13 AM
q1 - in the past for nuget libraries that worked in win8/winrt & win81/winrt projects i'd place files in lib\netcore45 but looking at some other mainstream packages now it seems they are using lib\win8 for these types of package files. Is that the currently recommended folder name?

q2 - in the past for nuget libraries that worked in wp8 i'd place files in lib\windowsphone8 but looking at some other mainstream packages now it seems they are using lib\wp8 or lib\wp80 for these types of package files. Are one of these the currently recommended folder name?

q3 - we now have wp81 project support which looking at some mainstream packages now it seems they are using lib\wpa81 for nuget package libraries supported in these types of projects. Is that the currently recommended folder name and use of lib\wp80 is what you use for the wp81 silverlight project types?

q4 - what lib folder path should be used for nuget package libraries supported in universal app windows runtime component library, which appears to be winrt output, e.g. is it lib\netcore45 that I've used in past or lib\win8?
May 10, 2014 at 7:51 PM
status update, looks like the following is the case

for win81 use lib\netcore45 [ winrt ] or lib\win81 [ universal ]
for win80 use lib\netcore45 [ winrt ] or lib\win [ ??? ]
for wp81 use lib\wp81 [ silverlight ] or lib\wpa81 [ universal ]
for wp80 use lib\wp80 [ silverlight ]