Failed to generate binding redirects for 'ProjectName'. An item with the same key has already been added.

Topics: General
Jan 21, 2014 at 4:26 PM
I have a solution here that reports this warning for every package, for every project:

"Failed to generate binding redirects for 'ProjectName'. An item with the same key has already been added."

This error happens right after updating the package, even for packages that are javascript only and shouldn't have bindings. The packages are updated, and so are the bindings for .net packages and everything works fine.

But this warning is kinda annoying and I feel something is wrong.

I have already recreated the solution from scratch and started blank package.config files. Have also uninstalled VS2013 and installed back, but nothing helps.

I'm using VS 2013 with all updated to date.

Any ideas on what is causing this?
Aug 20, 2014 at 10:06 AM
I have the same problem, but with Class library projects that have no config file associated to then the packages.config file.

I'm wondering if this error is also the cause for how long it takes to update the packages. Considering that, in my case, I'm updating a common library across 110+ projects, It is becoming somewhat of a painful experience.