Host Nuget packages on Linux?

Topics: General
Jan 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Is there any documented walkthrough on how to setup a Nuget gallery on Linux/Apache? I know mono is available but not sure if that would be all I need to setup.
Jan 18, 2014 at 1:01 AM
It should be a pretty simple test you can make but before that you can assemble the following information,
  1. How to build a Linux machine
  2. How to install Mono on it
  3. How to install Apache (or other web servers)
  4. How to hook Mono on that web server
  5. How to create the NuGet web site in Visual Studio (http://docs.nuget.org/docs/creating-packages/hosting-your-own-nuget-feeds)
  6. How to deploy this web site to Linux.
So far I could not find any article that contains all above information, so you are probably fully on your own. Luckily for each individual steps, there should be tons of articles you can find on the Internet.
Mar 3, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Thanks lextm, I actually followed your steps. I got mono working on Apache and dropped an empty nuget gallery site onto linux. I got as far as being able to host the front page of the nuget gallery, but I can't get the "click here to view packages' link to work. I don't know what mechanism it is that displays the available packages, but I can't seem to get that working under Mono. Does anyone else have any experience trying to host this on Linux? I am so close yet so far away with making it work.
Aug 5, 2014 at 6:24 PM
A while ago, I tried to run Mono Web Server, and got stuck in the OData chunks. I could not find OData libraries to replace and get able to run.
Aug 5, 2014 at 6:28 PM
I never got it working in mono. Ended up with a farm of IIS server and it works great.