NuGet 2.7 and repositories.config

Topics: General
Nov 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Hello,

Given the "Enable Restore Package" is now activated by default (If properly configured), and given the workflow of this feature changed, I have one question:
  1. Is the file repositories.config still useful with the version 2.7. I'm use to check-in this file in TFS for the "Enable Restore Package feature". According the following quote from the release note, it looks like this file is useless.
"We are excited about these changes to Package Restore, as it introduces a new workflow. If you want to omit your packages from source control you simply don't commit the packages folder. Visual Studio users who open and build the solution will see the packages automatically restored"
Nov 14, 2013 at 9:18 AM
I don't think it's needed.
I've removed my packages directory from TFS for one of my projects and restore still seems to work.
I'm not using the MSBuild-integrated approach. I don't know if that makes a difference.
Jun 23, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Is there any chance that a NuGet commiter could respond to this question? The NuGet docs still say to check in the repositories.config file. Is this information outdated with NuGet 2.7 and above?

If not, what exactly is the difference between checking the file in and omitting it? Everything seems to work alright without checking it in, but I don't want any nasty surprises later on...