SymbolServer Pasckage - 0x80004005

Topics: General
Oct 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Hi
I have built a symbolserver ASP empty project (as per the instructions http://www.xavierdecoster.com/setting-up-your-own-symbolsource-server-step-by-step) in vs2012sp3 and targetted .net 4.0 and deployed to a 2008 r2 server.

I am getting
[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Run on type WebActivator.ActivationManager threw an exception with the following error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation..]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873912
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101

System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

errors. I have checked the posts i could find, set anonymous auth, but no change.

Thursday update:
trued fresh solutions and rebuilds no good.

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Run on type WebActivator.ActivationManager threw an exception with the following error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation..]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection1 methods, Func1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +550
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +132
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath) +90
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +135
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +516

I googled how to trap " Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information"
and in the code below, on reload i got NO exception trace message and on paper IIS_IUSR has writes to temp.
I added a generic exception after, no change. I can confirm the trace message happens.

namespace NuGetSymbolServer.App_Start {
public static class AttributeRouting {
    public static void RegisterRoutes(RouteCollection routes) {

string[] msg = {"This code path has been triggered", "OK" };

System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(@"C:\temp\iis_issues.txt", msg);

// See http://github.com/mccalltd/AttributeRouting/wiki for more options.
        // To debug routes locally using the built in ASP.NET development server, go to /routes.axd
        try
        {
            routes.MapAttributeRoutes();
        }
        catch (ReflectionTypeLoadException ex)
        {
            List<string> lines = new List<string>();
            foreach (var item in ex.LoaderExceptions)
            {
               lines.Add(item.Message.ToString());
            }
            System.IO.File.WriteAllLines(@"C:\temp\iis_issues.txt", lines.ToArray());
        }
    }
Can someone offer some things to try ?
Thanks