Nuget Server Update Help

Topics: Ecosystem
Sep 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Edited Sep 25, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Hi

I inherited our nuget server from someone who has left.
I am trying to upgrade the server to 2.7 and can't find help on this topic, i.e. most help is for the client side.

I grabbed the latest nuget.exe and did a 'nuget install nuget.server' in c:\temp
This said it installed files but i found directories in c:\temp, no change to IIS

Under iis there are a number of services, a webserver, a webserver1.6, these all point to wwwroot dirs with folders like 'App_Data, bin, DataServices, Packages

Currently on the TFS side they explicitly reference the service /NugetwebServer1.6/
I assume so we can control the feature support, so i need to create a 2.7 area or re-use the default area.

Link to picture
TEXT

Wednesday update:
Found http://docs.nuget.org/docs/creating-packages/hosting-your-own-nuget-feeds#Step_2%3a_Install_the_NuGet.Server_Package

And used vs2102 on ,net 4.5 to build, currently getting
Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I rebuilt targeting v4, same error, i got past this, latest error
"Could not load file or assembly 'AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc, Version=3.1.2.0"
packages.config has
<package id="AttributeRouting" version="3.5.6" targetFramework="net40" />
<package id="AttributeRouting.Core" version="3.5.6" targetFramework="net40" />
<package id="AttributeRouting.Core.Web" version="3.5.6" targetFramework="net40" />
And the References to the project has a 'Atribute.web.mvc", and the 'bin' directory HAS the DLL with a 3.5.6 stamp.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/nugetwebserver2.7/32d42fb0/7fae200/AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/Temporary ASP.NET Files/nugetwebserver2.7/32d42fb0/7fae200/AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc/AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/NuGetWebServer2.7/bin/AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc.DLL.
LOG: Assembly download was successful. Attempting setup of file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NuGetWebServer2.7\bin\AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc.dll
LOG: Entering download cache setup phase.
LOG: Assembly Name is: AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc, Version=3.5.6.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c10f85d521a011a9
WRN: Comparing the assembly name resulted in the mismatch: PUBLIC KEY TOKEN
ERR: The assembly reference did not match the assembly definition found.
ERR: Setup failed with hr = 0x80131040.

I notice the search starts with
LOG: DisplayName = AttributeRouting.Web.Mvc, Version=3.1.2.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
i.e. PublicKeyToken=null while the version from nuget has a token.

So questions :
  1. Can .NET v4.5 be used for nuget sevrer 2.7 ?
  2. As no IDE exists on the server, i did this on my machine and copies the directory to a ASP project Nugetserver2.7 sub directory under wwwroot, and added an application, correct ?
  3. How to solve Web.MVC issue ? (will google some more and post back if a solution found)
Server - Windows 2008 r2

Thanks in advance!!
Oct 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM
The solution in my case was to start again, do a fresh solution and set .net 4.0 under vs2012 and build new kit and transfer to 2008 r2 server (IIS 7)