What is the IP address or host name of the Packages repository to be able to request a firewall exception

Topics: Ecosystem, General
Jun 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Hi Guys.
We are working in a lab that does not have access to internet, but we need to request some firewall rules to be able to download packages via NuGet.

I've requested the following rules :
After those firewall were setup, we were not able to download the packages and I got an HTTP 502 error.

After looking at the traffic using Fiddler, I saw that the packages are being downloaded from a third server (az320820.vo.msecnd.net) which sounds like an azure installation.

I wonder if you guys can provide me some guidance on what would be the servers I will need to consider in order to request more firewall exceptions and be able to download the packages in our environment.

I appreciate your help.
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM
The packages are distributed via CDN. The servers are usually of the form: *.vo.msecnd.net
Jan 8, 2014 at 3:23 PM
So what would be the firewall exception for this?

It seems quite complex - i.e. open outbound to https://nuget.org/api/v2/ in port 443 - which is also hosted on CDN

but then also it appears that inbound connection needs to be opened as well as it could be *.vo.msecnd.net?

Is there anyway to get the IP ranges from the Azure network, as we generally open the firewall by IP numbers only.

Any help is appreciated