Errors when opening the NuGet Package Manager Console. I have no Add-ins installed.

Topics: Ecosystem, General
May 21, 2013 at 4:59 AM
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2977) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2984) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2991) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(2998) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3005) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
The term 'Get-ExecutionPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

I'm using VS2012. When I go to "Add-in Manager", the list is empty. NuGet used to work fine. I'm not sure when the problem started happening, as I haven't used NuGet in a while. I've installed Windows 8 since the last time I remember using NuGet.

To try to resolve the issue, I've tried installing all Windows Updates, Visual Studio 2012 Update 2, and the latest updates for NuGet from the VS Update Manager. I tried uninstalling Power Shell 2.0 from Add/Remove Windows Features and reinstalling it. I've rebooted after each step if necessary. I can use the Set-ExecutionPolicy and Get-ExecutionPolicy cmdlets if I run Power Shell standalone.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?