nuget update packages from wrong source

Topics: General
Feb 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Edited Feb 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Hi,

NuGet is a great tool for dependency mechanism of C# projects. I really enjoy using it.
The only issue I have encountered so far is that although all my nuget.config files has only my local feed (I have removed any instance of the official NuGet gallery), I still sometime get a certain package from the official gallery instead of from my local feed.
I have tried many things including pinning the version of the package in packages.config file with no success.
I cannot point to an exact pattern but sometimes it happens.

Can anyone please assist?

Thanks
Gil
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Anyone please?

Thanks
Gil
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
How did you update your packages? If you open the Manager NuGet packages dialog, what are the sources you see in the Online tab?
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Forum bug of duplication
Can be deleted
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Forum bug of duplication
Can be deleted
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Forum bug of duplication
Can be deleted

Why is it duplicating itself?
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Edited Mar 4, 2013 at 8:59 AM
dotnetjunky wrote:
How did you update your packages? If you open the Manager NuGet packages dialog, what are the sources you see in the Online tab?
Hi,

First thanks for the replay and sorry for my late response.
I have found a workaround so I didn't have time to answer and I'm facing new issues now.
As for your question, my projects contain packages.config file that describes which packages do I need for this project.
When I open the Visual Studio, it is doing some preparations (I still haven't found out what) and then when I right click the solution and rebuilding, each project has the following preBuild event:
$(SolutionDir).nuget\nuget update $(ProjectDir)packages.config -Source http://<artifacts server address>/NugetServer/nuget <api key>
$(SolutionDir).nuget\nuget install $(ProjectDir)packages.config -o $(SolutionDir)Packages
Thanks
Gil
Mar 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
BTW, when I open the "Manager NuGet packages dialog" I see only my feed. Not the official gallery.

Thanks
Gil
Mar 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM
BTW, when I open the "Manager NuGet packages dialog" I see only my feed. Not the official gallery.

Thanks
Gil