How can one disable repositories specified in multiple nuget.config files within projects

Topics: General
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:24 AM

We work in an environment where it is not uncommon for developers to setup local repositories within their workspaces as they test and evaluate various alpha packages. More often than not their nuget.configs gets checked along with their code changes which breaks our CI builds. Worse when such builds get submitted to golden build servers it creates more problems since either the build would break there or if the developer used a repository which was visible to the golden build server, the alpha packages would be included in the golden builds.

Is there a way to put in an override that forces NuGet to ignore any config file other than the one in %appdata%? We work on TFS 2010 and VS 2010/2012 environment and can modify the default build workflows to put in any customizations that might be required during the build process.

Developer
Jan 17, 2013 at 10:41 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Developer
Jan 17, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Hello Nik,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I've created a new work item (http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/2969) based on your request.

HTH,
Clay

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

why not set up hierarchal configs on your build server and remove all unsupported sources?

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Eddie not sure what you mean. As I said developers accidentally check in these files which propagate down to build servers as parts of CI builds. Since the whole process is dynamic, don't think I can do anything to prevent this really.