Unreliable Installation that doesn't remember where it's installed

Topics: General
Dec 3, 2012 at 4:48 AM
Edited Dec 3, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hi,

I'm not sure if this project includes the Manage Nuget Packages GUI in Visual Studio.\

But I'm getting patchy, unreliable behavior from the nuget interface where I install a package (say Windsor) and then it's not set as installed (ie there is no "tick" put next to it) and the references are not added to the project.

Other times, it does install the reference, but then insists it's not installed (with no tick). Which is a seemingly irreversible, very wrong state to be in, since now "updating" will not work everywhere as it should.

It looks like I have to start all over again somehow. Is there a way to flush all record of nuget from a particular project?

Developer
Dec 3, 2012 at 5:19 AM

We have seen reports of the same issue before. It often happens when you previously installed or uninstalled some packages and it was interrupted and failed.

You can try this:

1. Check if the packages.config is present in the project directory but it is not part of the VS project. If there is, include it into your project.

2. If not, delete the corresponding folder under <solution root>\packages folder.