Unable to find package after API Key change

Topics: General
Oct 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM

We had build few nuget packages, which were published to our local repo feed (we are using Nexus as repo manager). After some time we changed the API key for the repo server.

Now whenever I try to install the packages which was published using old API Key, we get the following error : Unable to find version x.x.x.xxxx of package xyz.  However, I do see the package available in the repository (both from Nexus UI and File system).

Is this an expected behaviour? I understand the need of API key for publish, but once published I should be able to consume those packages, irrespective of API Key change or not.

Command used from Package Manager Console : nuget install .\Projecta\branches\Projecta.1.2\ChildProject1\packages.config

Am I missing something here?

Karun

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your great idea....

books with resell rights

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:52 PM

To install package from the Package Manager Console, use the Install-Package command.

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
dotnetjunky wrote:

To install package from the Package Manager Console, use the Install-Package command.

Install-Package will work with packages.config as parameter? I thought it would work only when you specify a specific package.

Also we use the same command in our MSBuild Script, will that also need to use Install-Package?

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

No, sorry it doesn't. I thought your goal is just to install the packages. If you install from nuget.exe, you can do it from the Windows command line. You don't need to run from inside Package Manager console, although it should still work.

Can you verify that the local repository feed is registered as one of the package sources in the Tools - Options - Package Manager settings dialog?

Oct 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM
Thanks, But whatever way I try it still does not install packages if the API Key has changed between the time it was published and when we consume in an application. This is not an everyday scenario, but I would like to understand, whether it is something to do with Nuget or Nexus (which we use for Repository Management)

Thanks Again.
Developer
Oct 8, 2012 at 3:45 PM

The API Key doesn't play a part in consuming a package. Is the package listed in the feed (e.g http://mynugetsource/api/v2/Packages())