What's wrong with this package, I'm unable to install it.

Topics: General
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I tried installing this package in my project and it doesn't install properly, any ideas (I'm the owner of the package)?

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:04 AM
What do you mean by not installing properly?

Sent from my Lumia Windows Phone

Sent: 9/26/2012 5:39 PM
To: Luan Nguyen
Subject: What's wrong with this package, I'm unable to install it. [nuget:397074]

I tried installing this package in my project and it doesn't install properly, any ideas (I'm the owner of the package)?

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Try creating a console application and install that package, it's like it's installing but the DLLs aren't there.

Also it doesn't appear in the "Installed packages" tab, however when I browse for that package and click "Install" it says "already installed".
Give it a try.

Thanks 

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Do you have a packages.config file in the same directory as your project, but it is not included in the project?

Sent: 9/26/2012 6:08 PM
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this package, I'm unable to install it. [nuget:397074]

Try creating a console application and install that package, it's like it's installing but the DLLs aren't there.

Also it doesn't appear in the "Installed packages" tab, however when I browse for that package and click "Install" it says "already installed".
Give it a try.

Thanks

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I have that file, however the libraries of my package aren't there.
Instead a file packages.config has been created under the solution, and that file includes my package.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM
Ah I see. So your package is a solution-level package. That explains why it doesn't show up in the project packages.config file. Go ahead and include the packages.config file into your project.

Sent: 9/26/2012 6:19 PM
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this package, I'm unable to install it. [nuget:397074]

I have that file, however the libraries of my package aren't there.
Instead a file packages.config has been created under the solution, and that file includes my package.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2012 at 2:33 AM
I did that and it didn't help.
The DLLs are still not there.
it says "installed" tho.
Sep 27, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I took a look at the package. It's not authored correctly. The .dlls have to be placed under a folder called 'lib' for them to be added as reference to the project. If it's your package, modify it and upload a new version. Otherwise, click on the link Contact Authors on this page to let the package authors know. https://nuget.org/packages/ebay

Sep 27, 2012 at 11:19 PM
it's my package, ill update it and see if that works.
thanks for all your help!!!
Sep 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM

No problem. In case you don't know yet, there's a program which allows you to examine the contents of any NuGet package easily. It's called NuGet Package Explorer (install it here http://nuget.codeplex.com/releases/view/59864). That's how I checked the contents of your Ebay package.