Proxy configuration in corporate environment

Topics: General
Sep 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have successfully set installed NuGet at home and can view and install packages using the tool.

At work I am having trouble.  I managed to install it and when I opened the screen via vs2010 Manage NuGet Packages... menu option I got a Proxy Authentication dialog box appear.  To see where the app was trying to get to I opened Fiddler and ran the package manager again.  I noticed that connections to nuget.org:443 were failing.  Network team allow connections to this address on this port and I was then able to search for and see list of packages.

However, when I try to hit install I get a similar authentication dialog.  Again looking in fiddler i get...

CONNECT az320820.vo.msecnd.net:443 HTTP/1.1

Host: az320820.vo.msecnd.net

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

HTTP/1.1 407 Unauthorized

Network teams respons to this was "....I have added in the site provided. Can you please check to see if this has worked. If it doesn’t, it appears that there is a hosting provider sending these files which will require us to do some adjustments to our rules to allow access..."

I still get the same response when I try to install a package from NuGet.  Can someone pls advise on how to proceed.

Thanks