Localized assemblies not copied to package

Topics: General
Jul 8, 2012 at 12:23 PM

What is the status of this?

From the 1.8 Release notes:

"One existing bug to note with satellite packages is that NuGet does not copy localized resources to the bin folder for Web site projects. This issue will be fixed in the next release of NuGet."

Was this resolved?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 3:48 PM

As far as I know, it hasn't yet. Just to be clear, they're referring to the Website build model, not Web Applications. What kind of application are you building?  

Developer
Jul 9, 2012 at 4:15 PM

This should be fixed in the 2.0 release. Are you running into trouble with it?

Jul 14, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I've tested this with the latest public version and can confirm that this doesn't work for ASP.NET MVC Web applications. I have an Area within MVC 3 Web app and I pack this up, then deploy in another MVC 3 Web app project and the localizations are not present. My area supports multiple languages via localized resources (for instance, there is a "sl-si" folder inside a bin folder). If I manually copy this "sl-si" folder over to the application where I included the packaged area then localizations will work.

So, to sum it up, apparently localized assemblies and resources do not get included at the time of creating a package from ASP.NET MVC Web app.