Death of Recent Tab?

Topics: General
Jun 29, 2012 at 1:36 AM

We are thinking about killing the Recent tab as it's been a bit of a bug farm, it's hard to get people to agree on what its behavior should be (especially when things like Package Restore are brought into the picture), and we don't think many people use it.

So the question for you is: Do you use the Recent tab?  Will you miss it if it disappears?

This is something we've been talking about for probably a year, and we're thinking of acting upon it in NuGet 2.1.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Kill it. Which one would be the always selected tab when you first pull up the gui then?

On Jun 28, 2012 8:36 PM, "JeffHandley" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

We are thinking about killing the Recent tab as it's been a bit of a bug farm, it's hard to get people to agree on what its behavior should be (especially when things like Package Restore are brought into the picture), and we don't think many people use it.

So the question for you is: Do you use the Recent tab? Will you miss it if it disappears?

This is something we've been talking about for probably a year, and we're thinking of acting upon it in NuGet 2.1.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (nuget@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email nuget@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 29, 2012 at 10:02 PM

We always remember the last tab that you selected.

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM
Okay, took me an extra second to realize what recent tab was. Shows how little I use it.
Jul 3, 2012 at 5:19 PM

If there's no other opinions, we will go ahead and kill the Recent tab.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Kill it dead.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I use it because it's better/faster than having to go search again. Would I die without it? No. That doesn't mean it's not a useful feature though.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:35 PM

never use it; its faster just to use the search input anyways

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Nuke from orbit.

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Thanks everyone for the input. Recent tab is gone now. I've committed the change.

Jul 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

RIP Recent Tab... we hardly knew ye.