I'm upset because I have nothing solid to report so probably wont get this resolved.
I have just updated to NuGet 2 as suggested but now every package that I try to install crashes Visual Studio.
I have taken the following action:
- Uninstalled NuGet - reinstalled it via the website
- Uninstalled NuGet - reinstalled it via the extension manager built in
- Tested adding packages from a website loaded over a network share
- Tested adding packages from a website loaded on a local drive
- Tested adding multiple packages (AppFail and Ninject)
- Tried the above loading normally and in adminstrator mode
Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Version 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 4.5.50131 SP1Rel
NuGet Package Manager 2.0.30619.9119
Windows 7 Professional SP1
The scroll bar in the Solution Explorer starts whizzing away as if a lot of files are being created further down the tree. After a few seconds it stops moving and then the whole of Visual Studio stops responding.
I do not get an error message. Waiting for a long period of time (over 10 minutes) doesn't bring it back. Clicking on Visual Studio just bring the not responding window and I eventually have to reset it.
Upon restarting no new files have been added to my site.