Here is the scenario using a private repository.
- publish package version 1.0 in repository
- install package version 1.0 into some project
- publish package version 1.1 in repository
- delete version 1.0 (yes, this is where the problem starts)
- new developer opens solution and can not restore package (1.0 has been deleted), can not update-package (i am guessing this is because nothing is installed in his/her local package folder)
The challenge is that we are using a private NuGet repository to distribute enterprise wide assemblies. We are tempting to do some CI work where nightly builds of our internal framework are pushed to our private repository. At some point, we need to be able
to delete the incremental nightly builds, but it is difficult to know when all users have upgraded to either the most recent nightly build or at least the last official release.
So, the question is, why does update-package fail if the package isn't installed?
Thanks in advance!