nuget gallery unlisted packages confusing

Topics: General
Jun 3, 2012 at 11:57 AM

The behavior of unlisting a package from the 'Manage My Packages' screen is confusing.  If two versions of a package are published as version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 and both are listed, the package shows up under the 'Packages' heading.  If you unlist version 1.0.0 and return back to the 'Manage My Packages' screen, the package no longer appears under the 'Packages' heading, but under a 'Unlisted Packages' heading.  Searching for the package as a non-authenticated user confirms that only the listed packages are displayed, so it's working as it should, but the way things are displayed on the 'Manage My Packages' screen is confusing.  Under the 'Packages' heading, it says 'These packages are currently published for the world to see.' and it doesn't include my version 1.0.1 which is 'published for the world to see'.  Under the 'Unlisted Packages' it reads 'These packages are currently unlisted.' and it lists my package for which one version is indeed 'currently unlisted'.

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I'm having the same issue. I uploaded Package1_v1 and then uploaded Package2_v1 and now they're both showing up as unlisted...even though I can search for them and install them.

Is this a bug in the "Manage My Packages" screen?

Aug 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Better discussed here. I'm going to have a look at it sometime this week.