Install-Package crash Visual Studio 2010

Topics: General
May 31, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Hello, I have an issue a couple of days now. 

To tell the truth I recently started working in my laptop and created a solution with 4 assemblies and 1 ASP.NET Webforms project. 
I want to the DataLayer install entityframework and T4Scaffolding.
Soon as I write install-package entityframework it goes through the license then says succesfully installed and the Visual Studio crashes.
If I reopen and run again the same command it says:

'EntityFramework 4.3.1' already installed.
'App.config' already exists. Skipping...
Successfully added 'EntityFramework 4.3.1' to DataAccess.
Exception calling "Invoke" with "2" argument(s): "Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."
At E:\Visual Studio Projects\TimeSheets\packages\EntityFramework.4.3.1\tools\install.ps1:36 char:47
+ [ConnectionFactoryConfiguratorInvoker]::Invoke <<<< ((Join-Path $toolsPath "EntityFramework.PowerShell.dll"), $project)
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], MethodInvocationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DotNetMethodTargetInvocation

Then I try to install-package T4Scaffolding and again the crash comes up with succesfully installed and reopen Visual Studio, now soon as I open the package manager console. Visual Studio crashes.
If i delete package folder and files we can do the same from the beginning.

I have updated NuGet to the latest. Install a Hotfix found about cannot install NuGet. Disabled Add-In manager. Uninstall - Install NuGet again. Nothing seems to bypass the crash.

I have uninstalled as well Resharper, but made no difference.

What I haven't done so far is to uninstall InstallAware, DevExpress (Not Reflector). But this is something I don't want to do at the moment.

Any idea? I really would like to fix this.