nuget private feed advertised "Last Updated" value

Topics: Ecosystem, General
May 31, 2012 at 1:15 AM

My nuget private feed setup used to advertise a "Last Updated" value using the date modified setting of the files I dropped in my <private feed web site>\packages folder.   It seems that recently something caused it to be stuck on showing a "Last Updated" value from a few days back even though I've updated the nupkg files in the folder several times since with ones that have newer data modified setting.   Any thoughts on what is going on here and how I get it back to automatically showing "Last Updated" that matches the value of the nupkg file?

Developer
May 31, 2012 at 3:50 PM

We did recently fix a bug in our API where we were returning the LastAccessTime instead of LastWriteTime when we asked for when we last modified a file. Does the Last Updated value match the modified time stamp?

May 31, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Nope.  It appears that the "Last Updated" value is using the "Date Modified" value of the Package.nuspec file and not the "Date Modified" of the <package>.nupkg build output that I drop into the <private feed web site>\packages folder.     With the old private feed web site setup it used the "Date Modified" of the <package>.nupkg build output.

Does that sound like a by design matter or a new issue?