Problem with Console's tab expansion in a local NuGet build

Topics: General
May 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Hi,

I have downloaded source code for NuGet and tried to build it locally. After successfull build I've installed my extension and everything works as in original NuGet extension. Unfortunatelly, after closing VS 2010 and reopening VS, tab expansion stopped to work. When, there is only one appropriate entry (package/command) then auto completing works, but if there is more than one possible entry, then no intellisense window with possible values is displayed.

I am a little confused as it works only first time I launch VS after install NuGet. I have not changed anything in downloaded code nor find any usefull info on the web, so I hope, someone could give me a hand with it. I am using Win 7 with VS 2010 Pro.

Thanking you in advance.

Darek

May 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

what is the version of PowerShell on your system?

May 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

and what is the command that you were typing when you tab?

May 28, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I have PowerShell 2.0 that comes with Win 7. All of commands do not work, and it seems it has something with local settings as the same vsix file installed on my fiend's computer works as expected. Any idea what can cause such behaviour?

May 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Can you run visual studio with the /log switch, then repro the problem and attach the log file in a new work item?